Cosmetic & Rejuvenation Facial Acupuncture
3 December 2012
Health preservation and beauty treatments have long been a part of the treasure box that is Chinese medicine.
The Chinese have refined their knowledge and practice of this by incorporating herbal ingredients for particular purposes into their daily or seasonal cuisine, doing gentle exercise such as Tai Chi or Qi Gong, by using herbal creams or facials to improve and tone the appearance of skin or body, or by practising refined massage and acupuncture techniques especially adapted to the requirements of those in search of the perfect beauty and body.
Many ancient stories tell of famous beauties of old who successfully used these techniques and particular herbs to achieve supreme beauty and health.
Facial acupuncture is considered to offer a real alternative to surgical facelifts, and has a visible effect on the appearance of wrinkles and frown lines if done regularly over a period of time. It stimulates cells to lay down new collagen fibers under wrinkles, therefore filling them in. It relaxes muscles and combats sagging of the skin.
Studies published in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture in 1996 showed that of 300 people who received Facial Acupuncture, 90% demonstrated marked results after only their first treatment.
After attending a course of treatments you can not only expect to be looking more radiant, but you will also start to feel in control of your body, mind and spirit and more at balance and happy in yourself.
A course of treatments often results in the following:
· Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
· Increased collagen production locally resulting in increased elasticity and firmness of face
· Improved skin condition and softness
· Reduction of facial puffiness and dark circles under eyes
· Reduced scar tissue
· Alleviation of facial neuralgia, bell's palsy and facial paralysis
· Relief of jaw tension and eye strain
· Increased circulation leading to greater radiance and aliveness of face and expression
· Improved appearance of scars and stretch marks